Thursday, November 10, 2011

A little taste of Summer in November

I haven't posted anything here in a long time, but that does not mean I haven't been working!
I will say that most of my time (art time that is) is spent brainstorming and sketching ideas for new pieces for my portfolio. By Jan. 1 2012, I would like my website to be almost entirely work that I have done outside of school.  I need to get cracking on that, but soon I will be posting sketches for feedback!


Of course some projects will need to wait til after Christmas to be posted. . .  :)

In the meantime, I recently did a project for my mom. Since I was in middle school, my family has spent a week at the Jersey Shore (we called it that before certain television programs existed). The house we stayed at was one of the small bungalows that are built in neat little grids through Ocean Beach (where we stay.)  As a thank you for a recent stay (and for the many trips we had taken there in the past), my parents asked me to paint a picture of the house for the owners.  So, here it is.

The actual house


my painting

I haven't painted like this in awhile, so i was a bit unsure of the outcome, but they loved it!
(and since the customer was pleased,  I consider the project a success.)

No comments:

Post a Comment